Saturday, July 20, 2013

Life keeps getting in the way

I haven't posted in forever, but that's okay because there has been a lot of changes. My husband had a bit of turmoil with his job, his hours were cut in half, and we were struggling to keep afloat.  Neither of us were very happy, and it was awful.  Everybody says that marriage has ups and downs, and man were we having a down.

Fortunately things are definitely looking up.  We downsized our apartment to a one bedroom so we can save money for a house.  He got a new job that he loves, with people that are wonderful to him, and we are in a better place as well.  Obviously some other things are going to be taking a backseat like fostering and trying for a baby, but that's okay.  Sometimes I feel so busy and overwhelmed that I feel like the last thing we need right now is somebody else to take care of.  We'll get back there eventually, but right now we are not there.

It's very hot outside, which is fine because I miss seeing the sun when it's zero degrees, so I will soak it up while I can.  It's summer though, and the next season means it's going to be MY time of year.  Where apple pies are made, pumpkins are picked, and the crisp autumn breeze swirls the orange, red, and yellow leaves.  I love fall, and I am so excited.  Football, Halloween, Thanksgiving...It's only just a few months away.

That's about enough rambling that I'll be doing today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment