Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ah! I am getting better about this!

It's been a month exactly since my last post. Does it mean that I am a blogger? Hell no, but it means that I am trying to update this more so I can share it with more family/friends/people that care about the details of our life.

What have I been up to? School and work. Currently, getting sick. I went from strep throat to flu to bronchitis that turned into pneumonia. Today I got so sick of not being able to breathe, coughing, and generally feeling like crap that I went to the urgent care. It's sad that I feel like I get better care at urgent care than I do with my primary care physician. Anyway, I got a shot of steroids, breathing treatment, 2 inhalers, a pack of steriods to take, and some pills. I know, a lot, but after a week of not getting any better I can breathe through my nose, breathe through my mouth without wheezing or coughing up half of my lung. I know, people it really is the small things isn't it?

This has made my eyes open up in a few ways. One I started doing research on the disease I have, Endometriosis. It's an autoimmune disease, so apparently you are going to get sick more often than most with this disease. I wish a doctor would have told me this a long time ago. Of course the research I did wasn't based on scholarly journals so it could be hoo-ha, but at this time I choose to believe that it doesn't help boost my immune system, mmmk?

Second, it makes me re-evaluate my lifestyle choices. Yes I have been losing weight, 17, but who's counting? :D While that's great I feel like I need to step up my game now that my immune system for the past year has been less than stellar. 3 times I got a sinus infection with bronchitis, and that doesn't include my sickness now that turned into pneumonia. The past few years Nick and I have fallen to the fast food way of life. No I have not seen Supersize me. It was so easy and it sounded cheap. Emphasis on sounded. $10 to feed us dinner, done! I don't have to cook! Woo! Unfortunately this added pounds to both of us, and a general unhealthy let's be lazy philosophy.

Funny enough even while doing this my cooking has improved since getting married. Watching MANY cooking shows, shadowing and following my mother-in-law, and purchasing more cookbooks than one person probably needs. Yet I am not utilizing my skills, not to mention there are so many benefits to cooking home-made meals. You get leftovers, which you can turn into something else for lunches or another dinner. You get to choose what goes into your meals. This is a great benefit! You get to see what does or does not go into your food. Perfect.

I probably sound like a paranoid person right now, but I just want to be better. I can probably lose more weight by eating at home, eat healthier, and hopefully just become better on the inside by eating better. I am also going to start buying vitamins. Clearly what I was doing before didn't work, so something should change right?

I should also add that exercising is important and I am going to add it, but eventually. I want to feel 100% before trying to test my lungs. I would hate to push myself too hard too fast.

This is a novel. You get a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment