Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ok, I suck.

I keep saying I am going to blog once a week. It's just like what I say about losing weight: I mean it this time!  Three weeks later I am bathing in ice cream and french fries, saying what diet?  What blog?

We are officially on the track to starting our first IUI, hopefully in April. If not, I am not sure when because I am going to Florida in mid-May. I want to sip a Mai Thai on the beach! I am pretty sure that's on my bucket list. How cool would it be to sip alcohol while basking in the fact you have absolutely nothing to do? Yeah, I am ready to pack my bags right now. How about you?

We are still waiting on the foster thing. WAITING still....since October when we turned in every single page of our paperwork was turned in. We were expected to have kids on Thanksgiving...then Christmas....

If you haven't noticed, Easter is this Sunday and I am foster child less. Why is it so hard to give kids the love they need?

Every time I think I want to tell them just to pull my app and forget it, I hear some story about how kids grew up having an amazing life because of their foster parents. Fine, I get the point God. We can't give up.

I have another funny story to tell. I really hope these are funny, or at least they are to me.

Nick and I are sitting in a church pew, waiting for our turn to leave since the mass has ended and there is a line. He turns to look me in the eye, so we are looking at each other. I would love to say staring lovingly into each other's eyes, but my mind was elsewhere.  My husband tells me he loves me, to which I reply: "My nose is runny." Clearly I was listening to him. He looked at me as if I was crazy, then I managed to fumble an I love you back at him. We were cracking up after the fact, and now he tells me his nose is runny too.


No comments:

Post a Comment